ABOUT THIS JOURNAL
Authors will have the option to choose how their article is published.
Traditional publishing model: published articles are made available to institutions and individuals who subscribe to this journal or who pay to read specific articles. There is no charge to publish.
Open Access (OA) model: published articles are freely and permanently available online. Anyone, anywhere can read and build upon this research. If you would be interested in publishing Open Access in this journal please follow the link.
- 11 201Downloads 2022
Springer measures the usage on the SpringerLink platform according to the COUNTER (Counting Online Usage of NeTworked Electronic Resources) standards.
- 72 Usage Factor 2021/2022
The Springer Journal Usage Factor 2021/2022 was calculated as suggested by the COUNTER Code of Practice for Usage Factors. It is the median value of the number of downloads in 2021/2022 for all articles published online in that particular journal during the same time period. The Usage Factor calculation is based on COUNTER-compliant usage data on the SpringerLink platform. (Counting Online Usage of NeTworked Electronic Resources) standards.
- 1.6 Impact Factor 2022
Journal Impact Factors are published each summer by Thomson Reuters via Journal Citation Reports ®. Impact Factors and ranking data are presented for the preceding calendar year.
- 0.54Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2022
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field. The impact of a single citation is given higher value in subject areas where citations are less likely, and vice versa.
- Q3Quartile: Chemistry (miscellaneous) 2022
The set of journals have been ranked according to their SJR and divided into four equal groups, four quartiles. Q1 (green) comprises the quarter of the journals with the highest values, Q2 (yellow) the second highest values, Q3 (orange) the third highest values and Q4 (red) the lowest values.
- 0.27 SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2022
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) is a measure of scientific influence of scholarly journals that accounts for both the number of citations received by a journal and the importance or prestige of the journals where such citations come from.
- 9H-Index 2022
A journal has an H index of h if it published h papers each of which has been cited in other journals at least h times. Calculations are based on Scopus.
Membranes and Membrane Technologies is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes original articles and reviews dedicated to scientific research and industrial applications in the field of membranes and membrane technologies. Articles focusing on the synthesis, characterization, and testing of membrane materials are also welcome. The journal covers the following main areas:
- new membrane materials, highly efficient polymeric and inorganic membranes;
- membranes characterization;
- testing of membrane materials;
- hybrid membranes, nanocomposites and nanostructured membranes;
- aqueous and non-aqueous filtration processes (micro-, ultra-, and nanofiltration; reverse osmosis);
- gas separation;
- electromembrane processes, fuel cells;
- membrane pervaporation and membrane distillation;
- membrane catalysis and membrane reactors;
- water desalination and waste water treatment;
- hybrid membrane processes;
- membrane-based sensors;
- membrane extraction and membrane emulsification;
- mathematical modeling of porous structures and membrane separation processes;
- membrane characterization;
- membrane technologies in industry (energy, mining, pharmaceuticals and medicine, chemistry and petroleum chemistry, food industry, etc.);
- membranes for environmental protection (“green chemistry”).
The journal has a vision of becoming an international publication and encourages manuscript submissions from authors around the world.
International Membrane Societies
Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS),
EBSCO Discovery Service,
Emerging Sources Citation Index,
OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service,
TD Net Discovery Service,